The biggest print volume on the market
The bq Witbox boasts the biggest print volume on the domestic-printer market, with a DIN-A4 (21 x 29.7 cm) print area offering up to 20 cm in height. This allows the Witbox to print large-scale objects or multiple parts at the same time, all at a rate unrivalled by any other printer.
Where beauty and safety combine
The bq Witbox has been painstakingly designed to optimise its functionality. It’s a fully enclosed printer with a locking front door system, which prevents accidental access during printing and makes it a particularly safe device to use in environments where children may be present. Its fully enclosed design helps minimise noise, while preventing heat from escaping and controlling airflow - thereby maintaining a constant temperature inside the printer.
A totally innovative printing system
The bq Witbox incorporates an innovative printing system inspired by the Fibonacci spiral, using a PTFE tube to feed the filament through. Thanks to this design, for which the patent is pending, the feeder system remains fully inside the printer unit and reduces the amount of contact between the filament and the tube. This optimised design, combined with the Witbox’s reinforced chassis, allows you to create a network of printers by stacking up to three bq Witboxes one on top of the other.
3D printing of spectacular quality
For 3D printing, layer height is a crucial factor when it comes to print quality. A lower layer height means the printed object enjoys higher levels of detail and resolution. The bq Witbox is capable of printing layers as small as 100 microns, meaning the definition and resolution of the objects it prints is truly spectacular. And thanks to its variable-airflow system, the plastic cools quicker, meaning the printing action is more stable.
The bq Witbox is able to run on WitSoft, a printing program renowned for its simplicity, as well as open source software such as Slic3r™, Cura™, Pronterface™ and Repetier™. Enjoy greater freedom of use, greater compatibility and total technological independence.
- Ramps 1.4
- Mega 2560
- LCD screen with rotary encoder and push-button navigation
- A4-sized glass base
- 348W power source
- 100k thermistors in the extruder
- 40W, 12V heater cartridge
- High: 50 microns
- Medium: 200 microns
- Low: 300 microns
- Recommended speed: 60 mm/sec
- Maximum recommended speed: 80 mm/sec
- Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
- Dimensions (work area): Size DIN A4 x 20 cm high (the largest on the market)
- X - 297 mm, Y - 210 mm, Z - 200 mm
- Dimensions (printer): length - 505 mm, width - 388 mm, height - 450 mm
- Dimensions (box): 59cm x 47cm x 55cm
- Powder-coated steel chassis
- Toughened chrome bars for carriages X, Y and Z
- Igus bearings for X,Y and Z
- Igus cable-chains
- Igus power screw for the Z axis with flexible motor coupling
- Powder-coated moving parts and supports
- Three-point printer base levelling system with damping
- Quick-change printer base system with neodymium magnets
- Single extruder
- Own-design extruder
- 0.4 mm nozzles
- Cooling system for parts
- EC certification
- Enclosed device with door-safety feature
- Pre-configured Marlin firmware
- WitSoft host (under development). Only compatible with Windows
- Compatible hosts: Repetier, Pronterface, Cura, ReplicatorG
- Slic3r (recommended and pre-configured)
- SD card reader with 4 GB card included
- USB port
- Option of stacking and linking up to three printers one on top of the other, avoiding the need for additional shelving.
- The system is inspired by the Fibonacci spiral, with a PTFE tube for threading the filament.
- This innovative system means the filament feeder tubes remain fully inside the machine, giving the device greater aesthetic appeal and ensuring friction is kept to a minimum.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $2,449.86
Special Price Excl. Tax: $1,399.89 Incl. Tax: $1,749.86