Reprap ALU Heatbed MK3 description:
Please note the ALU heatbed can have some marks or minor scratches, but it will only be of cosmetic character and will not affect the use adversely.
All features similar to MK2 and you can also operate this board with 12 Volt or 24 Volt.
Heatbed with 3mm aluminum core. Print directly on the heatbed, no need for glass plate. It's a much lighter solution than PCB heatbed + glass, which makes it better for faster prints.
The metallic side is the top print side and the black side is the bottom side. We recommend insulating the buttom side with Heatbed Thermal Insulator 200 (optional).
Dual power supply. Operate at 12 Volt or 24 Volt. Your can use thinner wires when operating at 24 Volt.
A central mounting hole on the front side to allow for three point mounting. This is much easier for bed leveling in comparison to 4 point mounting. First level the side with two holes and fix in place, then level the side with one hole.
Large solder pads for multiple wires (ribbon cable) or a SMD pinhead connector can be mounted. Pads for SMD thermistor 1206
- Dimensions 214mm x 214mm (same as MK2)
- 1 layer 35μm (1oz base) copper
- Resistance at 12 Volt setting is between 1.0 and 1.25 Ohm (115~144 Watt)
- Resistance at 24 Volt setting is between 4.0 and 5.0 Ohm (144 ~115 Watt)
- 110 degrees Celsius possible for both 12 Volt and 24 Volt
- Running 24 Volt on the 12 Volt terminals will heatup the heatbed to 100 degree in only 2 minutes (will also consume up to 576 Watts!!)
- Maximum temperature rating: 180 degree Celsius
- Flatness across surface is approximately within +-0.2mm
Included in the Prusa Heatbed Mount Kit (optional)
- 1 pcs Acrylic 5mm carriage plate 240 x 140mm
- 1 pcs Acrylic 5mm mount platform 240 x 225mm
- 4 pcs Springs
- 4 pcs Bulldog clips
- 8 pcs M3 x 25mm
- 20 pcs M3 nut
When connecting the heatbed in the 12V setting it is important that you connect solder pad 2 and 3 directly on the heatbed.