7. Good heat dissipation effect
The SKR main board, especially suitable for small and medium-sized printers.
1) ARM-class Cortex-M3 series LPC1768 master chip with 32-bit main frequency 100M Can be greatly improved;
2) Equipped with highly modular open source firmware Smoothieware, convenient for users DIY and secondary development, do not worry about the inability to master the core code of worries;
3) Using powerful development tools, Keil MDK integrated development environment: support online debugging, more helpful for product development and performance optimization, using C language development, low development threshold.
4) PCB board wiring is rigorous and beautiful, and specializing in heat dissipation optimization.
5) Using a dedicated power chip to support 12-24V power input;
6) Acceptable 24V input, the hotbed current can be reduced to 1/4 under the same power, effectively solving the heating problem of the hotbed MOS tube;
7) Support Display: 2.8-inch, 3.5-inch color touch screen, LCD12864 screen;
8) The system supports Chinese simplified Chinese, English and other languages, which can be switched by itself;
9) Upgrade the firmware by SD card, which is easy and convenient to operate;
10) Use the configuration file to set the driving current mode, avoid manual adjustment of the current to cause the burner drive, convenient, safe and reliable;
11) High-performance MOSFET tube for better heat dissipation.
12)Support functions: Non-trace resumption after power off, run out filament, and auto shut down.
- Microprocessor: ARM Cortex-M3 CPU
- Input voltage: DC12V-DC24V 5A-15A
- Motor Driver: Supports TMC2208, TMC2130, LV8729, DRV8825, A4988Etc. Can be externally connected to the motor drive
- Motor drive interface: X, Y, Z, E0, E1, five channels (each channel has a re-expandable interface), up to 256 subdivisions
- Temperature sensor interface: TH0, TH1, TB, 3 channels 100K NTC (thermal resistance) Display: 2.8 inch TFT, 3.5 inch TFT, LCD12864
- PC communication interface: square USB, easy to plug and unplug, communication baud rate 115200
- Support file format: G-code
- Support machine structure: XYZ, delta, kossel, Ultimaker, corexy
- Recommended software: Cura, Simplify3D, pronterface, Repetier-host, Makerware
1. After the SKR motherboard is powered on, the red light D4 in the lower left corner will light up, indicating that the power supply is normal; The middle of the board 5V SEL is the power supply selection end;
1) when using USB to power the motherboard, short circuit cap should be used to connect +5V and USB feet;
2) when the 12v-24v power supply is used, short circuit cap shall be used to connect +5V and INT pins;
Note: it can be connected to both [12v-24v power] and [USB] at the same time. Short circuit cap must be used to connect +5V and INT in the printing process.
2. SKR motherboard through the [USB] interface and PC communication, need to install the driver to use normally.
1)Smoothieware-USB-driver-v1.1 driver installation. Drivers are available from the open source web at
2)Open the computer "device manager", and you can see the COM number of "smoothieboard USB Serial" asynchronous communication port.
3. SKR motherboard firmware description
The motherboard will be equipped with firmware (I3 model) for testing, which can be used directly or can be changed according to your own needs
1)The SKR motherboard firmware access method:
Log on to the open source site to download:
2)Firmware update method of SKR motherboard
Select the file suitable for your model from the downloaded firmware package and copy it to the SD root directory, including:
①firmware. bin (all that can be decided based on your own machine)
②Configuration file config.txt (you can change the configuration according to your own needs)
The details of the configuration file can be referenced in the open source web address: http://smoothieware.org/configuration-options
0. We have a small SD card for each motherboard. File names cannot be changed in the SD card. The file names cannot be changed, firmware. the bin must be lowercase.
1. 5V SEL of the motherboard must connect INT and 5V pins before printing (that is, 12v-24v power supply must be provided to the motherboard before printing);
2. Hot bed board receive power must be less than or equal to 110 w (that is, the hot bed resistance is greater than 1.3 Ω), if with high power hot bed, have to external thermal power expanded bed plate;
3. The wiring process and plug-in driving process must be carried out under the premise of power failure. The power can be turned on after checking the correct connection of the line and the correct insertion of the drive, so as to prevent the wrong connection of the line from burning the motherboard and drive and causing unnecessary losses;
4.If you want to change the configuration file, backup the factory configuration file to record the pin number of each part of the chip, and then make changes to the new configuration file.