EXPLORE MULTI-MATERIAL PRINTING:
SOLUBLE, DURABLE, FLEXIBLE, COLORFUL
Turbocharge your printer with Palette 2.
Palette 2 combines four filaments and feeds them into your printer in real time, no modifications required.
- Print impossible overhangs with water-soluble support.
- Make heat- and water-resistant models in four colors of durable PETG.
- Create functional, end-use products by combining PLA with a flexible TPU.
- Improved hardware design helps to create consistent and reliable bonds between filament.
- Color touchscreen includes built-in Gradient and Pattern modes.
REDISCOVER YOUR PRINTER
Palette 2 works with most filament-based printers. Find out if your printer is compatible with Palette 2 here.
Join the global community of Palette owners in 40+ countries.
See what Palette owners are creating: twitter.com/PalettePrinted.
How does it work?
Palette 2 takes up to four filaments and combines them into a single filament strand. This strand is then fed to your printer, enabling your single-extruder printer to create multi-filament prints!
- Drive: Palette 2’s all-metal drive systems, inspired by those on industrial FDM machines, accurately control filament to ensure the right lengths are driven from each input.
- Cut: A rotary cutter system slices filament to ensure a clean, low-resistance cut, time after time.
- Connect: Palette 2’s updated Splice Core connects filaments together end-to-end before passing them through a machined PTFE (Teflon) channel and splicing them together.
- Cool: The newly spliced filament is passed to our buffer are to cool and ensure that it keeps tight dimensions before being passed to your printer.
Calibrate: There’s no need to attach our Scroll Wheel to your printer anymore as it is now built inside of Palette 2, allowing for more precise calibration and a streamlined Palette experience
Calibrate: There’s no need to attach our Scroll Wheel to your printer anymore as it is now built inside of Palette 2, allowing for more precise calibration and a streamlined Palette experience.
We provide a list of some printers that are compatible with Palette 2 on our website - https://www.mosaicmfg.com/pages/compatibility.
We also have a more in-depth listing of compatible printers found here: http://mm3d.co/compatibility
Q: Does Palette 2 work with 2.85mm or 3mm filament?
A: Sorry, no! Palette 2 only works with 1.75mm filament.
Q: What materials does Palette 2 work with?
A: Palette 2 supports several combinations of materials. A full list can be found on the Palette 2 multi-material printing guide at http://mm3d.co/multi-material.
Q: How do Palette 2 and the printer know which color is which?
A: Each color/material is a separate model. If you’re printing in 4 colors/materials, you will need 4 different model files. You can find models at http://mm3d.co/stuff-to-print or learn how to split 1 STL into multiple models at http://mm3d.co/meshmixer. The model is sliced as a multi-body G-code file. The G-code file is processed in Mosaic Chroma (free, easy-to-use software) or CANVAS (our web-based slicer/customizer/modifier) to create a new files for the printer Palette 2 with instructions on when to switch between filaments.
Q: Any software requirements?
A: Mosaic CANVAS software (free at https://canvas3d.io) or Chroma software (free software that accepts G-code and tells Palette 2 how much of each filament is required) works on Windows (7, 8, 10 or higher, 32-bit and 64-bit), macOS (Mountain Lion/10.8 or newer), and Linux (x64, tested on Ubuntu 16.04).
0.1 kg (0.2 lbs.)
8.1 x 8.1 x 3.0 cm
(3.1" x 3.1" x 1.1")
1 kg (2.2 lbs.)
27 x 21 x 6 cm
(11" x 8" x 2.5")
CANVAS via Web Browser
Compatible Operating Systems
Windows, Mac, Linux (Tested on Ubuntu 16.04)
USB for Printer and Palette 2, Wifi for Canvas, IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz, Channels 1-11
8GB Internal Storage
Ambient Operating Temperature
15 - 30°C (60-86°F)
Raspberry Pi Zero W
External Camera Compatibility
5V DC, 2A Max
Power Adapter Input Requirements
100 - 240V (50/60Hz) 0.4A
Power Adapter Compatibility
USA, UK, AU, EU