The module has an interface pinout is almost the same with A4988 stepper motor drive carrier, so that it can be used as a higher performance in a pull-down menu the plates replaced in many applications.
DRV8825 features an adjustable current limit, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, six micro-resolution (down 1/32-step).
It uses 8.2 - 45V, can provide up to about 1.5 per phase no heat sink or forced air flow (rated up to 2.2 per volume sufficient additional cooling).
- Simple step and direction control interface
- The interface can connect directly with 3.3V and 5V systems
- Support over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown and under-voltage lockout
- Support short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Adjustable current control support you to set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- 45V maximum supply voltage
- Built-in regulator (needed external logic voltage supply)
1 x Stepstick DRV8825 stepper driver
1 x Heat sink