Print 3D objects and let biological cultures grow:
1. grass; moss
2. fungus ; mildew
5. pharma-cultures, mother cells
GROWLAY works like a breeding ground.
- GROWLAY is microcapillary. Its cavities absorb and store water, dissolved liquid nutrients or fertilizer. Promoted because of the capillary action throughout the printed object.
- Mold grows through the open-cell capillaries and forms a mycelium.
- Seeds of grasses can get caught and grow in Growlay.
- Spores find room to germinate in small cavities. (see SEM-Pics)
- Roots cling to the structures of the object filling.
- Even lichens grow on Growlay. These usually grow preferentially on stones of walls or trees.
- GROWLAY can be sterilized (for food use and research) with gases or wet (but not thermally)
- For color differentiation, objects printed with Growlay can be subsequently colored with food colors.
- absorptive carrier for agents
GROWLAY is available in the functionally different versions white
- Version white is an experimental filament & fully compostable
- The brown version contains not only pores but also built-in "food" in the form of cell material which is needed for growth