Aiming at the problems exist on the open sourced controller board such as Ramps 1.4, the developers in Makerbase specially optimize and develop a new product, MKS-Gen L, which provides more flexible choices for users.
1. 2560 and Ramps 1.4 are integrated in the board, which avoids the complicated connectors.
2. Support a variety of stepper drivers such as A4988, DRV8825, TMC2100 and LV8729, available to change the stepper drivers and motors as users like.
3. Reserve external driver signal, available to connect external high-current driver to drive the 57 and 86 stepper motors.
4. Use high-quality MOSFET, better cooling and more stable.
5. Use specific power chip, support 12V-24V power input, and resolve the problems of chip heating and power shortage.
6. Stable and reliable filter circuit greatly reduces interference and avoids crashes as possible in the process of printing.
7. Use CH340 serial port chip, more easily install the drive than 16U2.
8. Run Marlin firmware, the configuration is completely same as Ramps 1.4, and available to directly replace the Ramps 1.4.
9. Support Ramps 1.4, 2004LCD,12864LCD, TFT28 and TFT32.
10. Available to input 24V, the heated bed current can be reduced to 1/4 at the same system power which effectively resolves the problem that the MOSFET of heated bed heats.
11. X axis, Y axis and Z axis with different color terminal controls the stepper motors and endstops, which is convenient to wire.
12. Plug the stepper drivers according to the different color terminals which decreases the probability of reverse and prevents the controller board damage.
1. MKS TMC2100 Step motor drive board, super quiet drive StepStick, compatible for Arduino, with high working temperature.
2. Without fans, the working temperature is about 70 degrees at 0.5A, and the working temperature of 1A is more than 150 degrees.
3. It is possible to lose step. It is strongly required to do well in heat dissipation. The recommended working current is better than 0.5A.
Driving current algorithm and regulation:
1. Drive current algorithm: i=Vref*1.9/2.5, the default Vref is about 0.65v, so the default current 0.5A, the maximum current is 1A.
2. Vref measures the voltage in the middle end of the Gnd and the potentiometer.
3. When measuring the voltage, do not connect the motor, otherwise it is easy to burn down the drive.
4. When measuring the voltage, the power supply should be switched on. Do not only connect the USB power supply.
1x MKS-Gen L V1.0 board
1x 50cm USB cable
5x TMC2100 V1.3 Stepper Motor Driver
System connection diagram:
Installation Dimensional Drawing:
PIN port map:
1. Please make sure that the positive and negative are connected reversed before the electricity is connected. If it is burned by the user, we do not guarantee this kind of problem.
2. Please do not plug the motor and drive in the case of electricity. It is easy to cause the drive to burn; and do not adjust the current during the operation of the motor.
3. The right way is to disconnect the power, remove the motor, re-power up, adjust potentiometers, and measure the voltage on the potentiometer until the measured voltage is the same as expected.
4. Do not plug in the reverse drive, otherwise it will burn the drive, and even burn the motherboard!
5. Motor drive is not included.
6. It is possible to burn down the chip and circuit by the reverse of the power supply. Please turn on the electricity again and again.