Original Prusa Curing and Washing Machine (CW1)
Original Prusa Curing and Washing Machine (CW1) is a standalone and recommended accessory for the Original Prusa SL1.
The CW1 is a multi-purpose device, which takes care of pre-printing and post-processing tasks: preheating the resin before printing, and also washing, drying and curing the printed model. This all-in-one device with well-built compact body with smart design makes resin 3D printing a much more comfortable and efficient process.
Objects printed from liquid resin are usually a bit soft and sticky. To clean them and give them optimal surface properties, the objects need to be washed, dried and cured. This process involves washing the object in isopropyl alcohol, drying using hot air and curing using UV light. The Original Prusa Curing and Washing Machine (CW1) can take care of all these actions in 10 minutes.
The most significant features of Original Prusa CW1
RESIN PREHEAT (coming soon)
Resins tend to change their state while being stored, that is the reason to shake the bottle with resin well before printing. However, CW1 can also preheat the resin before printing it, thus getting it to the ideal printing temperature and state for the best performance of the SL1 and the resin itself. We are just testing this feature which is to become available in the upcoming firmware update.
The finished print has to be washed to remove the uncured resin from its surface. CW1 uses a stainless steel tank for isopropyl alcohol and a magnetic propeller. The magnetic propeller movement stirs the liquid, so it gets to every part of the model. This method is less aggressive compared to ultrasonic cleaning and works very well even with very small objects.
Drying a washed model is yet another feature of the multipurpose CW1. Before the washed model is cured with UV-light, it has to be dried in order to avoid resin residue stains.
Curing the model with UV-light is an essential part of the resin printing process. Printed objects are usually soft, so treating them with UV light gives them optimal surface properties.
CW1, unlike most of the other resin printing accessories, combines 4 important features in a single device. Even though it’s a multi-purpose device, it’s very compact (smaller than the SL1) and saves you a lot of space in your workshop.
EASY TO USE
CW1 was designed with user comfort in mind. The IR sensor detects whether the liquid container is present in the device and displays the set of functions to choose from accordingly. CW1 simply knows what steps to take in advance :)
- 4 UV LED strips to cure the printed models
- UV LED wavelength: 405 nm
- Max power of the UV LED: 52,8 W
- EEE group: 3 (IT and/or telecommunication equipment)
- Power supply: Input 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 2.0A. Output: 24V, 6.67A, 160W
- Average power consumption: 130W
- Max. working temperature range: 16 °C - 38 °C, indoor use only
- Working humidity: 85 % or less
- CW1 dimensions: 21.8 x 34.5 x 23.2 cm (D×H×W)
- CW1 box dimensions: 39 x 46 x 40 cm (D×H×W)
LIST OF FEATURES
- Resin preheat (coming soon)
- Washing using magnet driven propeller to create a vortex and wash resin residue from the print
- Dries the print after washing is done
- Cures the print using 4 UV LED strips