The Original Prusa I3 MK3 is the successor of the award-winning Original Prusa i3 MK2 3D printer. Our previous model is the winner of "3D PRINTER SHOOTOUT 2017" in prestigious MAKE: Magazine and for almost a year it's the best 3D printer according to 3Dhubs.com. But the new MK3 is even better! With the rebuilt extruder, a plethora of sensors and the new magnetic MK52 heatbed with replaceable powder coated PEI spring steel print sheet we believe that we've developed our best 3D printer ever!
WHAT WE ARE PROUD OF...
The most significant new features of Original Prusa i3 MK3
Our optical filament encoder detects not only the presence of a filament, but also its movement. This means we can recognize running out of the filament, pause the print and ask the user to insert a new spool. We can also detect stuck filament and offer the user a cold pull to clean the nozzle and continue the print.
MK3 has two new thermistors. The first one is measuring ambient temperature on the electronics and helps us to detect board or connector failures. The second one is embedded in the P.I.N.D.A. 2 probe, and it allows us to compensate temperature drift, so the first layer will always be spot on!
Did you ever accidentally tripped over your extension cord and lost a 20-hour print? MK3 will save you! The printer can fully recover from the loss of power. A special sensor detects power interruption and immediately shuts down the heatbed and extruder heating.
To increase the reliability of the printer, we have added sensors to the cooling fans. In the case of an extruder cooling getting stuck with a piece of filament, both fans can now measure RPMs and notify a user about the problem. And one more thing - the nozzle cooling fan is now made by Noctua and it's super silent!
We co-developed the new EINSY (named after Einstein) RAMBo motherboard together with Ultimachine, and we believe, it is the most advanced 3D printer board out there. It still has many tricks up its sleeve. A neat trick is the monitoring of power. This enables us to detect blown fuses.
Trinamic2130 drivers with 256 microstepping are extremely quiet. At least in silent mode. In normal mode, which is still quieter than 99% of the available printers, they can also detect lost steps. This has significant implications. The printer can detect shifted layers, rehome and continue the print without a problem!
The most requested feature was an improved frame rigidity. We are now introducing the reworked Y axis from aluminum extrusion. It provides the same rigidity as some other printers while providing the sleek look of our milled Dural frame. The frame is also optimized to add 10 mm of Z height totaling at 210 mm.
MAGNETIC PEI SHEET
The new MK52 Magnetic HeatBed has embedded high curie temperature magnets inside. These hold replaceable alloy spring steel sheets powder coated with PEI. PEI is directly on metal, so when you crash the nozzle into it, metal can dissipate the heat and prevent the surface damage.
The extruder is now upgraded to a genuine Bondtech drive gear. It grips the filament from both sides, increasing the push force of the filament and making it more reliable, especially for flexible filaments. When we are at the extruder, the print cooling fan now cools part from two sides, increasing the overhang performance.
Read more about features of our brand new Original Prusa i3 MK3 in the article at PrusaPrinters.org
Check out the official announcement video!
THE INTERNET ABOUT MK3
MK3 receives two editor's Choice ribbons at World Maker Faire 2017 in New York. Thank you!
"This machine really excited the team with how incredible it was." - more info
"This is a true successor to the Original Prusa i3 MK2 released just 18 months ago." - more info
Prusa Introduces New Original Prusa i3 MK3 3D Printer with Lots of New Features - more info
SEE THE MK3 IN ACTION!
MK3 interview with Josef by Thomas Sanladerer
MK3 interview with Josef by 3D printing nerd
Josef's improvised presentation of MK3 features
EINSY RAMBO interview with Josef
FULL FEATURES LIST
- Magnetic PEI powder coat spring steel sheet
- Brand new EINSY RAMBo motherboard
- Silent Trinamic drivers with 256 microstepping
- Faster printing: 200+ mm/s
- Sensorless homing for X and Y axes
- Detection and recovery of shifted layers
- Improved frame rigidity with aluminium extrusions
- Power loss detection and recovery
- Better cooling from both sides of the object
- Optional WIFI with Octoprint interface included
- Bondtech extruder drive - filament is driven from both sides
- Optical filament flow sensor with filament presence and movement detection
- Automatic loading of filament when filament is inserted
- Detection of jammed extruder with pause print
- Both extruder cooling fan and print cooling fan detect RPM. When extruder fan is blocked, printer will stop to prevent damage of extruder. Same applies for the print cooling fan.
- Extra silent Noctua fan
- New P.I.N.D.A. 2 probe with included thermistor - faster temperature calibration
- Room ambient temperature sensor
- Great build volume – 11.025 cm3 (25 x 21 x 21 cm or 9,84 x 8,3 x 8,3 in)
- Integrated LCD and SD card controller (8GB included)
- 0,4mm nozzle (easily changeable) for 1,75 mm filament
- Layer height from 0,05 mm
- Automatic mesh bed levelling
- Heatbed with cold corners compensation – for warpless 3D printing from any material
- Automatic skew axes compensation
- Hassle free PEI print surface - no glass, no glue, no ABS juice
- Supported materials – PLA, ABS, PET, HIPS, Flex PP, Ninjaflex, Laywood, Laybrick, Nylon, Bamboofill, Bronzefill, ASA, T-Glase, Carbon-fibers enhanced filaments, Polycarbonates...
- Easy multicolor printing based on layer height
- 1 kg (2 lbs) silver PLA filament included
WHY DO YOU WANT ORIGINAL PRUSA I3 KIT?
We are an established company, and we work hard to help you start 3D printing as soon as possible. You are not left alone in the big world of 3D printing!
The kit comes along with a forum support where our ever growing community can always help, or you can even get in touch with Jo Prusa himself at the very same spot! Check out the forum!
With 3D printing, buying a printer is just a beginning!
In our kit, you won't find a fake Arduino clone and cheap outdated RAMPS electronics where you have to change connectors and parts to achieve smooth printing.
We only use original parts. For example, our RAMBo mini electronics is manufactured directly by Ultimachine (Authors of RAMPS and RAMBo) in the USA. Not only that you support the developer but you also get the best possible quality. Real MOLEX connectors, great caps, and testing assures longevity.
After all, there is only one original Prusa i3 too.
Best assembly instructions and free 3D Printing handbook
We didn't want to leave anything to chance, so our assembly instructions are pictured to the smallest detail.
All fasteners and mechanical parts have 1:1 drawing so you can easily find them, and there is no chance of you picking a wrong one. You don't have to be MIT graduate to assemble our kit ;-)
Our fastest customer built the kit in 4 hours! Will you beat him?
You don't have to solder at all to build our kit. You don't even have to own a soldering iron. All our cables are cut to length and with professionally crimped connectors.
From the electronics standpoint, the hardest thing will be plugging the connectors to the motherboard ;-)
This makes the kit very friendly to younger builders :-)
Our package includes everything! And we mean it, you will get even all the tools needed for assembly. We don't expect you to have a fully featured workshop or force you run to the hardware store.
- Needle nose pliers
- 2× Wrench 13-17
- Flat screwdriver
- Set of hex keys
Ready to print settings
We provide high print settings with the printer, so you don't have to dive into complex new programs the second you finish the build. You can start printing right away, and this gives you a great head start!
These settings are great for all kinds of objects, not just for a couple of prepared showpieces. After you will get to know the printer you can, of course, dive into tinkering ;-)