Original Prusa i3 MK3 Multi Material is the unique consumer option available to print with up to 4 different materials or colors simultaneously. The use of up to 4 material feeders with only one hotend makes the solution calibration free and much easier to use than currently available systems with dual or quad extruders.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ORDER TOGETHER WITH MK3, IT WILL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER LATER. We suggest making separate orders.
If you already have MM for MK2/S, you should buy Multi Material upgrade kit - from MK2 to MK2.5/MK3.
- 4 filament sensors
- Perfect alignment during printing
- Zero calibration
- Build volume is identical to regular MK2
- Special multiplexing board allows use of regular electronics -> upgradability
- Genuine proven E3D hotend
- Hotend assembly is very light
- Prints all materials including flexibles
Filament holder is included!
The upgrade includes:
- 4x filament sensors
- 3x Bondtech gears
- Plastic parts
- motors & electronics
- improved spool holder
Check out the article at PrusaPrinters.org for detailed info!
February 28, 2017 - Update on Multi Material Upgrade