The TMC2225 chip is a resonant, ultra-quiet stepper motor driver chip with integrated driver and MOS. The pin is fully compatible with DRV8825; the cost performance is very advantageous.
When a common conventional driver chip drives a stepper motor, high-pitched noise or motor jitter can be heard by the human ear, which seriously affects the product experience. Through the StealthChop mute technology, the TMC2225 can make the stepping motor reduce the noise below 10dB at low speed to achieve ultra-quiet performance. It can also use the SpreadCycle resonance suppression technology to make the stepper motor run smoothly at high speed without jitter.
- Applicable: two-phase stepper motor;
- Current: 2A (peak)
- Voltage: 4.75--36V DC
- Interface: STEP/DIR; UART
- Subdivision: 4, 8, 16 or 32 microsteps
- Microstep: UART configuration implements 1-256 arbitrary subdivision
- Function: StealthChop2TM Ultra-quiet
- SpreadCycleTM anti-shake, anti-resonance
- Standby: Automatically reduce standby current (UART configuration)
- Applicable models: When driving stepper motors. It is a necessary module for building 3d printers, cnc, engraving machines, etc. Supported 3d printers Prusa, Mendel, ultimaker, printbot, makerbot, etc.
- Can refer to the following code to directly drive the motor
1 x TMC2225 V1.1 Stepper Motor Driver